For Community and Providers
The resources on this page have been tailored to provide helpful information and guidance for behavioral health providers, non-emergent medical transportation providers and communities in the GOBHI service area.
For oral and physical healthcare providers: Please visit the EOCCO webpage at https://www.eocco.com/.
Please find the following resources related to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 information center
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 information and guidance
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak — SAMHSA
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide — USDA
- myStrength: An online web and mobile app that offers self-care resources. Visit www.myStrength.com to learn more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-288-4409 for information on how to sign up.
- Please call 211 or visit the 211 coronavirus web page with general questions regarding COVID-19.
- If you are feeling sick and plan to visit a doctor, please call the clinic before visiting so plans can be made to prevent spreading the illness to others.
- For emergencies, call 911.
Coronavirus Telehealth Guidance
*Please note: The GOBHI policy provides additional detail regarding behavioral health codes pertaining to telehealth.